Respect Life & NFP Info Session and Networking Event
April 1, 2017 - Boone Vicariate Diocese of Charlotte
Come learn how you can build a culture of life in your parish and community! Topics include a new Respect Life Resource Manual, an upcoming Respect Life Conference in the Asheville area, and Church teaching on sexuality as it relates to family planning. Please join Catholic Charities Program Directors Jessica Grabowski (Respect Life) and Batrice Adcock (Natural Family Planning) for an engaging discussion. Refreshments provided!
Saturday, April 1, 1:00 to 3:30 pm Saint Elizabeth Catholic Church, Boone
This is the first annual Respect Life Resource Booklet produced by the Respect Life Program in Catholic Charities Diocese of Charlotte. In this booklet, you will find many educational tools and useful resources to help start, grow and guide your Respect Life parish-based ministry. Feel free to print this pdf (you can print in full page or booklet form from Adobe programs) or contact Jessica Grabowski for a copy to mailed to you.
To address the “slippery slope” of diminished respect for life found in the United States, the American bishops established the National Office of Respect Life more than 20 years ago.
The Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities, under the guidance and direction of the Committee on Pro-Life Activities, works to teach respect for all human life from conception to natural death, and organize for its protection.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: Respect Life Activities
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: Conscience Rights/Protection (Video)
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: End of Life Ethics
- National Catholic Bioethics Center: www.ncbcenter.org
- Federal Legislative Updates: National Committee for a Human Life Amendment (NCHLA)
- Information on the Church's call to faithful citizenship
- Information on post-abortion healing: Rachel’s Vineyard
- Project Rachel Ministry: http://hopeafterabortion.com/
- Information on U.S. Senators: www.senate.gov
- Information on U.S. Representatives: www.house.gov
- Resource material and outreach ministries: Priests for Life
- The non-partisan voice of North Carolina’s Bishops: Catholic Voice NC (CVNC)
- National March for Life - Washington, DC: www.marchforlife.org
- March for Life - Charlotte: www.marchforlifecharlotte.org
- Open Your Hearts to Life! Video