The SSVF program’s purpose is to provide supportive services to very low-income Veteran families in Mecklenburg County who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and ultimately, to end homelessness among Veterans. SSVF prioritizes the delivery of rapid re-housing services to homeless Veteran households.
Veteran eligibility includes:
- Veteran with a discharge other than dishonorable
- A single person or family in which the head of household, or the spouse of the head of household is a Veteran
- Very low income of less than 80% of the area median
- Currently homeless or currently residing in permanent housing and in danger of becoming homeless (restrictions apply)
Case management which includes:
- Housing search & placement
- Eviction prevention
- Security deposits assistance
- Rental assistance
- Assistance with childcare expenses
- Transportation assistance
- Assistance obtaining VA and other benefits
Veterans seeking assistance should call Tonya Lawrence, Supportive Services Supervisor, at 704-370-3257.
HUD Public Notice