We are always looking for new team members and have a variety of ways you can serve your community. Contact Hilary Kalisch at HRKalisch@ccdoc.org or 828-820-5152 for more information and volunteer onboarding requirements.
Note: CV-19 is still affecting our community and our work. We do our best to ensure that staff, volunteers, and participants remain safe.
General Office/Clerical Support
- Greet participants and answer the phone in the reception office.
- Assist with data entry, filing, or shredding.
- Maintain files, forms, and other paperwork.
Have language skills to share? Please get in touch!
We run a weekly Drive-Thru pantry. Opportunities to support this work include:
- Bulk food pickup (need a truck)
- Smaller pickups (i.e., diapers, bagels, etc.)
- Packing food boxes (~30-40 lbs.)
- Packing toiletries and special requests
- Restocking food pantry
- Monthly markets (early evening)
If you are interested in volunteering with refugees, please contact us as opportunities evolve depending on need. The “Current Update” document below provides information about topics such as donations, tutoring, housing, employment, and volunteering.
Other Ways to Help
Don’t have time to become a volunteer, but still want to support your community? You do not have to be a volunteer to help in these roles:
- Donate to refugees. Sign up to provide necessary items for refugees (no client contact)
- Join us at monthly community events:
- Woodfin Market (second Tuesday of each month in Woodfin, NC)
- MANNA Express (second Thursday of each month, location varies
- For more details, contact Jesse at JDBoeckermann@ccdoc.org
- Host a donation drive! Needs vary, but often include diapers and toiletries. We are grateful for any contributions that support our community. For more details, contact Hilary at HRKalisch@ccdoc.org.
- Donate through our Amazon Wishlist. Your gift to the Asheville Food Pantry supports our weekly food pantry, monthly markets, and community events throughout western North Carolina.