The contributions of our volunteers enhance the level of service we are able to provide to our clients.
Please contact Volunteer Coordinator Nicole Freebourn at 704-370-3283 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. (Tax receipts are provided for all donations.)
Students or groups looking for service hours or donation project are encouraged to read the following documents for items needed, ideas, and instructions for outreach activities.
Transition Out of Poverty (TOP) Program and Office Opportunities
There are many opportunities to help our staff meet the hunger needs of our neighbors.
Immigration Program Opportunities
- Administrative duties, such as scanning and uploading documents.
- Immigration lawyers or other professionals that can present at community events.
- Bilingual volunteers to assist with returning phone calls and conducting intakes.
Refugee Program Opportunities
There are many opportunities to help our staff welcome our refugee clients to their new homes. Please email the Catholic Charities volunteer coordinator for details.
Refugee Resettlement Household Donation Pick-up
If you have a truck and a strong back, we can use your help collecting donated furniture and household items from around the county.
- Coordinate pick-ups with Catholic Charities warehouse manager and volunteer coordinator.
- Meet donor at designated time and location.
- Load items into vehicle(s).
- Transport items to Catholic Charities.
- Unload items and move into the warehouse.
Read the job description for additional information.
Refugee Resettlement Ministry
This is an opportunity for a large group to adopt a refugee family and act as a support team to assist them in acclimating to this country. The three major goals are to assist with refugee adjustment and integration, alleviate refugee isolation, and facilitate refugee economic self-sufficiency. Read the RRM Responsibilities for details.