We are always looking for new team members, and have a variety of ways you can serve your community. See below for further information for our current volunteer opportunities:
Note: CV-19 is still affecting our community and our work. We do our best to ensure that staff, volunteers, and participants remain safe.
General Office/Clerical Support
- Greet participants and answer the phone in the reception office.
- Assist with data entry, filing, or shredding.
- Maintain files, forms, and other paperwork.
Have language skills to share? Please get in touch!
We run a weekly Drive-Thru pantry. Opportunities to support this work include:
- Bulk Food Pickup (need a truck)
- Smaller pickups (i.e. diapers, bagels, etc)
- Packing food boxes(~30-40lbs)
- Packing toiletries and “special requests”
- Restocking Food Pantry
- Monthly markets (early evening)
If you would like to support refugees specifically….
Please read the attached documents carefully for our most current update:
The “Current Update” provides information about topics such as donations, tutoring, housing, employment and volunteering. (It also contains the contact information for inquiries.)
Interested in volunteering?
Volunteer opportunities evolve and change depending on the time of year and the current needs. If you are interested in volunteering with refugees, please contact us.
Looking for other ways to help?
(you do not have to be a volunteer to help in these roles)
- Food Train:
- Provide meals to refugees (no client contact)
- Donate Needed Items:
- Sign up to provide necessary items for refugees (no client contact)
For inquires specific to Refugees, please contact: AVLrefugee@ccdoc.org
(we are busy, but will do our best to respond promptly)
Don’t have time to become a volunteer, but still want to support your community?
We’re so glad you asked! We have community events each month – please join us!
- Monthly MANNA Express food event (2nd Thursday of each month) – location varies.
- For more details, contact Jesse at JDBoeckermann@ccdoc.org
- Woodfin Market food event (2nd Tuesday of each month) – Woodfin, NC
- For more details, contact Maddy at MPRhinehart@ccdoc.org
- Host a drive! Donate needed items! – needs vary, but often include diapers/ toiletries.
- Donations can be big or small – we are grateful for any contributions that support our community.
- For more details, contact Hilary at HRKalisch@ccdoc.org
Have questions? Please ask!
Contact Hilary Kalisch at HRKalisch@ccdoc.org or 828-820-5152 for more information and volunteer onboarding requirements.