The contributions of our volunteers enhance the level of service we are able to provide to our clients. See below for a list of ways to share your time, talent or treasure. We are currently seeking a group of volunteers to staff our reception window full time. See the Receptionist item below for more details.
For students or groups looking for service hours or donation project, the following documents have been prepared to provide ideas for outreach activities. Items listed are always needed by our agency. Instructions and additional information are included on each document.
Transition Out of Poverty (TOP) Program and Office Opportunities
There are many opportunities to help our staff meet the hunger needs of our neighbors Charlotte, NC. Click here for a one-page overview of Food Pantry opportunities. More detailed descriptions of the each opportunity are listed further below.
Immigration Program Opportunities
• Administrative duties, such as scanning and uploading documents.
• Immigration lawyers or other professionals that can present at community events.
• Bilingual volunteers to assist with returning phone calls and conducting intakes.
Refugee Program Opportunities
There are many opportunities to help our staff welcome our refugee clients to their new home in Charlotte, NC. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator to learn more about opportunities.
Refugee Resettlement Household Donation Pick-up
If you have a truck and a strong back, we can use your help collecting donated furniture and household items from around the county.
- Coordinate pick-ups with staff Warehouse Manager and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Meet donor at designated time and location.
- Load items into vehicle(s).
- Transport items to Catholic Charities.
- Unload items and move into the warehouse.
- Click here for job description.
Refugee Resettlement Ministry
This is an opportunity for a large group to adopt a refugee family and act as a support team to assist them in acclimating to this country. The three major goals are to assist with refugee adjustment and integration, alleviate refugee isolation and facilitate refugee economic self-sufficiency. For more details on the kinds of tasks/activities in which a Support Team would participate, please see attached link of RRM Responsibilities.
Please contact Nicole Freebourn, our Volunteer Coordinator, at 704-370-3283 or email@example.com with any questions. Tax receipts are provided for all donations.